The Doppelmayr Group established DCC in 1996 to bring its extensive experience in cable propelled technology to the passenger transport market.
Doppelmayr Cable Car saw rapid growth as it repeatedly demonstrated the scalability, environmental advantages, and cost efficiency of cable propelled APMs.
Doppelmayr Cable Car Milestones:
- 1999: completion of the Mandalay Bay Tram in Las Vegas, USA
- 2002: Doppelmayr merged with the Garaventa Group
- 2003: completion of the Air-Rail Link at Birmingham International Airport, UK
- 2006: completion of the International Airport Link at Toronto International Airport, Canada
- 2006: award of APM contract for the City of Venice, Italy
- 2007: completion of the International Airport Shuttle at Mexico City International Airport, MX
- 2007: award of APM contract for the New Doha International Airport (NDIA), Qatar
- 2009: award of APM contract for the City of Caracas, Venezuela
- 2009: completion of the MGM CityCenter Shuttle, Las Vegas, USA
- 2010: completion of the Tronchetto-Piazzale Roma Shuttle, Venice, Italy
- 2011: award of APM contract for the Oakland International Airport, Oakland, USA