The fully-automated People Mover (APM) systems are based on cable-propelled technology perfected over the course of a century during which Doppelmayr’s ropeway systems have been installed and utilized in more than 14,000 installations.
- Proven ropeway technology
- A central station powers the system, with the cable providing tractive force
- Fixed grip assembly connects the train to the cable
- With the train attached to the cable by its grip, the cable can perform all essential functions such as propulsion, acceleration, deceleration and braking
- The vehicles don’t have complex on-board assemblies, such as drive engines, gearboxes or brakes
- No driver, conductor or on-board operator required
- Monitoring of system operation from central control room