Design flexibility is one of DCC's distinct advantages and one of the Cable Liner Shuttle's primary strengths. Doppelmayr (in cooperation with CWA) has developed several impressive designs and styles. Each APM's appearance is custom-tailored for its application and harmonizes with its surroundings. Individualizing the train design allows for many creative innovations, such as installing glass roofs for an indoor system. Customer input and inspiration can play an important role in realizing innovative train designs. DCC's walkthrough trains allow for a flexible number of seats and offer options for seat placement.
DCC's progressive designs are stylish and durable. Customizing the train's car bodies enhances passenger enjoyment and adds to the system's functionality by increasing passenger load and security options.
Clean, silent, easy to maintain
DCC's passive trains have no bulky onboard motors, gearboxes, or braking systems. In cable systems, a central drive unit uses a cable to pull the attached train from station to station. Clean, durable, and easy to maintain, the smoothriding, silent trains don't leak oil or shed brake dust.
- Low noise levels
- No emissions
- Outstanding ride comfort with air spring suspension
- Reduced maintenance needs because of fewer moving parts
DCC's light trains use a standard, self-supporting, steel or a combination concrete and steel guideway, which does not require a bulky concrete structure. The steel guideway appears almost transparent and uses fewer support towers. It consists of an I-beam, which forms the running and guiding surface. A steel framework construction forms the guideway superstructure. The modular concept allows for very rapid onsite installation.
Modular Steel Truss Guideway
- Pre-fabricated in 24-30 m (79-98 ft) sections
- Forms the support structure for the rope-guiding sheaves and the mechanical and electrical devices
- Complete quality assurance in the fabricator\'s facilities
- Rapid installation because of the modular concept
- Can easily span up to 60 m (200 ft) distances between supporting towers
- A surveying vehicle tests individual sections of the guideway before leaving the production facilities and tests the assembled guideway onsite after installation